Christmas is coming and want more than ever to cook special things. When they reach this time the family Kinuma typically baked German Christmas cookies, and have asked them to show us. Nuria tells me that even his smallest, yearling son intervened in the party which is at home making Christmas cookies. Make up to four varieties, although we settle to start with these two. You can visit the blog of Kinuma to see the other recipes.
Thanks for sharing these delights with pink pepper, Nuria, I'll try to make them during the holidays, I have very curious to taste the result. Also, I have a friend who lives in Germany where I can impress some day with these recipes. It was very interesting to meet one of your family eating habits.
Spitzbuben (scoundrels gallitas)
Ingredients to approx. 60-70 units:
250g butter (environmental)
2 small eggs
125g ground hazelnuts (if you do not find in the supermarket, you can do with the blender)
Different jams and rum
Vanillin white sugar
Approx. 1.5 hours
Mix flour, sugar, butter, eggs and hazelnuts to a smooth dough. The best thing is to do it with your own hands, as it is fun at the same time. Wrap the ball of dough in plastic wrap and store in the fridge half an hour.
- Then cut the dough roughly into four parts and spread with the roller on a well-floured surface to about 3-4 mm.
- Cut with a mold shaped flower or star. Half of the pieces have to cut a hole in the middle of the size of a thimble.
- Place on baking tray on baking paper and bake for 6-8 minutes at 180 ° C (must be rather Clarita).
- Once finished, being still hot, remove them from the tray and sugar parts with hole on one side with vanillin sugar.
- Leave everything to cool while preparing and about 200g of jam, one or more tastes. If cookies are only for adults, add a dash of rum in the jam, mix well and heat in the microwave or double boiler.
- With a dessert spoon take a little jam on the biscuit part without the hole and then cover it with the portion of the cookie with hole, placing sugared side up.
Vanillekipferl (vanilla crescents)
Ingredients to approx. 50 units:
1 packet of vanilla sugar (this is not about vanillin, although if you can not find use)
180g butter (cold)
100g ground almonds or powdered
1 pinch of salt
2-3 packets of sugar with authentic vanilla (vanillin no envelopes)
Approx. 2 hours.
- Mix flour, sugar, vanilla sugar over butter, ground almonds and a pinch of salt into a uniform mass.
- Wrap in cling film and keep for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 170 º C. Put baking paper or butter in the pan.
- Cut the dough into balls the size of a hazelnut, and give them the shape of a crescent and place them in the tray.
- Bake for about 12 min. Until they change to a golden-beige color.
- Still hot batter on top with vanilla sugar, and let cool.